Wednesday, August 29, 2007

FIVE PURPOSES OF THE GOVERNMENT

1. To protect the people from being harmed
2. Provides assistance like medicaid and welfare
3. They enforce laws so that the world can run smoothly
4. Give people the opportunity to get a good education
5. The government allows their citizens to vote

If my government didn't fulfill the purposes that I listed above I think I would join a revolution. I don't think I would want to live somewhere I didn't have any rights or protection. It's also very helpful of them to provide assistance for those who aren't as fortunate as others. We also have the right to vote and that means we have some kind of input on what is going on around us and who should be representing us. So as long as they continue to do those things listed above I don't think there is any reason for a revolution but if they don't I think we as people should start a revolution.

1 comment:

carrie said...

Good original list ,and great reflection with lots of details. I agree that our government is doing a good job these days upholding our rights, but like you, I would fight for those rights if they were ever taken away.

A few small errors. I can help you correct to earn maximum points. As is 18/20 points.